TrustAGarage.com recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. Our use of personal data is set out below.
TrustATrader.com Ltd. and our Data Protection Officer
We are TrustATrader.com Ltd, 5 Meadway Court, Rutherford Close, Stevenage, SG1 2EF.
We have a dedicated data protection officer (“DPO”). You can contact the DPO by writing to the above address, marking it for the attention of the DPO, or using the [Contact Us] enquiry form.
Personal Data and Data Protection
In order to facilitate some of the services available on this web site we need to collect and store your name, address, telephone number, email address and other basic information. The data is stored using appropriate safeguards to ensure security, integrity and privacy.
Any data collected about you will be used only:
- (if a Consumer) to enable us to validate your review if necessary, or
- (if a Trader) to promote your services and allow us to contact you in relation to your subscription to the Service.
Personal data stored about any consumer will be deleted once it is no longer needed for review validation or any related purpose. Reviews will automatically become anonymous after 2 years, if they weren’t set as anonymous by the reviewer when originally added.
Legal grounds for collecting/holding your personal data
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where it is needed to provide you with services, such as letting you leave (or for us to validate) a review of a trader as a consumer, or for us to allow you to promote your services on the website and app, as a trader.
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as to keep records of our communications between you and our staff, or for direct communications related to your trader membership of TrustATrader.com.
- With your consent or explicit consent, such as for some direct marketing communications (if a Trader).
When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- TrustATrader Insurance (with A-Plan Insurance)
- Business partners or others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business, for example membership card printers Aided Presentations Ltd.
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, data storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions, such as TrustATrader.com website developers Getme Ltd.
Do I have to provide my personal information?
We’re unable to provide you with our services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
How long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you, or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
Your rights under data protection laws
These are the rights of individuals under data protection laws, though they don’t apply in all circumstances:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request a copy of the information held by us and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact our data protection officer using the details above.